Babcock partners with leading industry players to ensure that enough people, with the right skills, are available to take up the posts that the power generation sector requires.
Babcock International Group, through its Cavendish Nuclear business, has a vast wealth of technical industry experience and as a National Skills Academy for Nuclear Quality Assured Provider contributes to working groups and national discussions on the nuclear industry skills strategy.
Our experience includes:
- Delivery of the Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering programme at the Babcock Engineering Academy at HMS Sultan, Gosport for EDF Energy with technical training designed to meet the nuclear energy industry’s individual and exacting standards. This has helped EDF Energy to attract and retain the high quality personnel needed for its engineering maintenance workforce, those employees charged with maintaining EDF’s nuclear power stations. Success rates of the Advanced Apprenticeship are outstanding and are currently 97.7% for timely success. The Babcock Engineering Academy is judged to be Outstanding by Ofsted and is the 2014 SEMTA Sector Skills Council Training Partner of the Year.
- Programme Design and Delivery - a comprehensive portfolio of short courses, which includes the National Skills Academy Nuclear (NSAN) Level 2 Award for Nuclear Industry Awareness qualification and the Human Performance Tool Box course, is currently being delivered by Babcock to the workforce of URENCO, the nuclear industry’s supplier of enriched uranium fuel for nuclear power stations. Through a Managed Training Service Babcock also manages competency recording and management in line with nuclear site licence conditions 10 and 12 for a UK nuclear fuel enrichment business.
- Provision of fire training for Nuclear sites including URENCO
Why work with Babcock?
Our understanding of the operational environment means that we can deliver a suitably qualified, competent and compliant workforce back into your business:
- We are committed to delivering a workforce that has the right skills, tools and qualifications for their job. The training we deliver meets with industry specific role profiles. Our Learning Management Systems can track learning, certification and qualifications across the board making sure that all training is up to date and relevant. We will also strive to ensure that your team are embedded with your brand values and create a loyal and inspired workforce.
Customers across the nuclear sector trust us to deliver decommissioning projects meaning that we are culturally aligned to your business:
- We are experienced. We have been working within the nuclear industry to safely deliver critical and complex services across a host of challenging environments for decades. We can hit the ground running and understand your operational environment.
Our Award Winning Apprenticeship programmes are a vital part of the Government’s Skills Agenda:
- We are invested in your people. From award winning apprenticeship programmes to tailored technical training we are committed to delivering the right training for your people.